From my seasonal post on Instagram today:
“Wishing you blessings during this mid-season weekend. Enjoying this altar’s evolution.
The midpoint is a moment to take a breath, to look around, and recalibrate as able/needed going into our descent toward autumn. Honoring where I’ve done the best I could, assessing my fuel tank so that I can continue to show up in all the ways I must, and TAKING that deep breath.”
I’ve started several posts about August offerings here on Patreon and they all end up being lengthy, overly explanatory, and I think I needed to be clearer about my plan for myself before being able to communicate it to you.
I am exhausted and yet also eager to talk about how I’m engaging intentionally with a very different world and personal life as my current focus. The part of Soulful Focus that has felt counterproductive during this pandemic has been trying to force community when we are all in the midst of Zoom fatigue and a constant overwhelm at the level of uncertainty we’re all being asked to hold leave us struggling to commit to a scheduled connection beyond what we’re already managing. The lack of responses to my recent poll about availability feels like permission to honor this for the moment.
The plan for now:
– Keep the Discord server open ongoing (with inactive visitors and non-patrons mostly weeded out). Discord will remain the central place to get quick info, check in, share updates/links/memes, and connect live as well, now that the server as video calling. I would love to see more of each of you and hear how you’re doing.
– Maintain the weekly Soul Circle call (now on MONDAYS at 2 PM EST) for as long as we have even one participant. This call has fed my soul during this entire pandemic, and if you have time, I encourage popping in.
– Keep the virtual coexisting/coworking sessions that can be scheduled by YOU, on your time and within your schedule. I love these and they offer me time to get things done and briefly chat with a friendly person. This will remain a $5+/month offering (which is pretty awesome given that you can schedule HOURS of this per month with me!).
– Continue to assess everyone’s capacity to commit to other calls for planning chitchat and geeking out over divinatory tools, etc. Offer an occasional crash course in bullet journaling/planning and the occasional ritual gathering as well when I have the time and energy.
– Honor my capacity for content creation more intuitively. I want to share blog/video/audio content, offer intuitive affirmations, and send snail mailings when I have the capacity to do so, worrying less about a schedule, which honestly seems to just paralyze the process entirely. I’ve been so preoccupied with missing the occasional Patreon perk during a whole entire global pandemic that I’ve forgotten that perfect is the enemy of good. My Patreon tiers will be updated to reflect this and I totally understand if anyone changes their subscription accordingly.
I miss those of you who have been quiet during these past few months. I am deeply grateful for those I’ve shared space with during that same time.
I’m still here. I’m headed toward an autumn fraught with uncertainty, change, and complex responsibility, and I plan to share more of that with all of you while hopefully sharing space for you experience as well.